mandag 16. juli 2012

Bared to you


Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...



Series: Crossfire Series
Author: Sylvia Day
Pages: 345   
Reading time: 5 hours

This book is described as supposedly equal Fifty Shades series. I can agree that the story has some similar characteristics, but is very differently written. (I shall come back to in a separate post.)

 I quickly fell in love in the history of this special couple. Both have major problems and since the POV is with Eva I know much more about her problems and what she is struggling with personally. I realized quickly that she has low self-esteem and I could easily put myself in her mind. Gideon is a great mystery from the start, and in this first book we will not get very far in getting to know what personal problems he has. Still, he's a strong person who is not afraid to show how much Eva means to him and that he is willing to make the most of having Eva in his life.
The main characters are in constant flux and this is something I like very much. They do new things all the time and Gideon is the one who changes the most. Eva is more stubborn and more changes in the way that she understands that she is beautiful and that perhaps she is also a closet submissive.

The book is exciting from the first meeting right through to the last line. There are not many dull moments in the book. In the few episodes it's "boring" I know that there is something exciting just around the next page.
The author leads me to guess a part in relation to Gideon, and what he struggles with, this makes the book even more exciting and I'm guessing all the time on what might be the reason he acts on it and what way.

I look forward to the next book coming out so I can learn more about the background of Gideon and the future of the special couple.

The cover of the book is somewhat different from country to country, but I love the shoe. The heel of the shoe is longer than it should be that one point.

The book is: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar