onsdag 22. august 2012

Indebted


I hang my head in sorrow for just a moment when I know I am truly alone. I feel like I’m going to my execution, just as he had said. Then I move forward again. I hop a fence of fieldstone and cross a field dotted with Queen Anne’s lace. Goose bumps rise on my arms as I pass the cluster of windmills that I have seen in a dream. The scent is sweet in the field though, not the scent of heat, like it had been when it was forced upon me in visions. I gaze down the hill, beyond the small, whitewashed house that I knew would be there. The church looms dark and grim with its rough-hewn, timber façade, capped by tall, oblong spires reaching to the sky. Black, ominous clouds have collected above the roofline, as if Heaven is showing me the way.


Series: The Premonition 
Author: Amy A. Bartol
Pages: 427 


Spoiler, spoiler! Do not read on if you haven’t t read the first two books in this series.



This is book number three in this series and the books just keep getting better and better.
More action, more romance, more drama and sad scenes. How is that possible? Amy Bartol has an extremely good gift, and to be able to write books that improves after the first book, and not like many other series, but that only gets better. Where will this end???

Action? Yes this book has not one dull moment. What happens, why it happens, who does it, who is it, why is that? Are just some questions you ask book time and again. And why doesn’t the book or the characters answer, they are so real? I get the urge to jump into the book and give a beating to some of the bad guys, cuddle a little with some delicious edible angels and shake Evie a couple of times.

The book is a perfect recipe for a good book. How I managed to work that morning and the day after? I was done reading it  at 4:00 AM. I read it under the covers so as not to disturb anyone, and read like crazy.
For me this is the best book where we get an understanding of why Evie is the way she is and makes the choices she has makes. The girl needs help, I’m saying it right away. How is one able to choose between a family that is really, really bad, but who treats her like a queen, who respects her and treats her like she's one of them. Or your soulmate that you love, but maybe not in the way she should. Or should you choose angel who can be quite over protectiv and do not really care about your ideas, but as well you are connected to him and your one. And that you can not live without and love? It will not be easy. And in this book you realize that the choices she will take is not so easy.

I'm actually very fond of the "bad guys" and see that they are actually very fond of her. That they care about her in their own way.


Now it's just waiting for the fourth book in the series. I still don’t know when it is coming and it's frustrating. Hello?? I need to start the countdown.

The cover is again unique and I love it! The red and gray feathers for me shows the pairing that Evie and Reed did.

This book also gets 6 of 6 just because I can and I want to!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar